How do I typically engage with people?
I love to work with all who consider life to be a journey, and those who are both curious about, and ready to explore, and experiment with, refreshing their path forward. As you face the next phase of life as an older person, perhaps you are one who feels free to be more conscious and deliberate about your choices. What do you want to do? And what gifts do you want to share?
Whether you are feeling restless or clueless, whether you are facing big change, are in the middle of it, or trying to make sense of what happened, my goal as a catalyst for clarity is to meet you where you are, honor where you have been, and help you illuminate your path forward. Your frustrations and concerns are as welcome as your dreams, goals and talents. I pose questions you may never have asked yourself. I listen to, and affirm, what you may never have heard yourself say. Together we identify where you are in life now, what you want for yourself in the days that come, and how you want to “be” in the world. We seek to better understand any hesitancies to do what you say you want to do. You generate your desired outcomes, and we craft practical steps that make you proud to be accountable to your own passions and purpose.
We start with a call or email. You’ll request your “invitation to clarity” which contains a few questions requiring your response.
That will help facilitate a first 30-minute no-obligation conversation, where we can introduce ourselves to each other more fully in terms of what you are wanting to achieve. With any of the options for support that we might craft, you’ll receive clarity, nourishment, no-nonsense guidance, and enthusiastic encouragement.
Here are some simple ways to start on the journey to the clarity you seek.
- Engage me as a sounding board and see what’s up: An affordable Get Clear and Get Moving conversation is a single (or several) two-hour meetings where you can jump start yourself into a clarity that get’s you off your duff. You can articulate what you want, name what’s keeping you stuck, assess your priorities, determine how to proceed with your sorting, clarifying and transitioning process, either with a helper, or by yourself.
- Scan my book, Why Not Do What You Love? You will find this a simple way to begin thinking about life and work. You’ll determine whether I, as a potential helper, resonate with you as a credible guide, coach or sounding board. More of a “prompt for reflection” rather than a specific “how-to” list, the book has given a useful “jump start” to those who want both to review their lives and refresh them.
- Practice putting yourself first: Develop the habit of reflection using the simple “Start Now” process.
Ongoing support is available to meet your needs for clarity and accomplishment.
- Short term accountability partner: When you know what you want and have been delaying, avoiding and giving yourself excuses, the “Kick in the Pants” accountability meeting gets doing what you say you want to do. In a 1 – hour conversation with a schedule of phone and email follow up, I help you into action by becoming a persistent partner for the To Do’s that nag you.
- Regular professional conversations: From the perspective of a former manager, leader coach, facilitator of change, and eternal seeker of life balance, I offer ongoing support, as sounding board and skilled guide, for those in positions of leadership who have places to go, contributions to make, and few people with whom you can discuss what’s really at issue.